New Year's resolution［新年新計劃］
A New Year resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habits [個人針對個人目標、計劃或是改正一項(壞)習慣]. This lifestyle change is generally interpreted as advantageous [這個生活上的改變通常被解讀為正面有益的].
A New Years Resolution is generally a goal someone sets out to accomplish in the coming year. Some examples include resolutions to donate to the poor more often, to become more assertive, or to become more environmentally responsible [常見的新年計劃有多捐錢給窮人、有決斷力一點或是對環境更負責一點(更環保一點)]. A key element to a New Years Resolution that sets it apart from other resolutions is that it is made in anticipation of the New Year, and new beginnings. [New Years Resolution跟別的計劃不同的地方只是它通常是在新的一年開始]
Popular goals [常見的目標]:
例: improve health, improve finances等
Success rate [成功率]:
Recent research shows that while 52% of participants in a resolution study were confident of success with their goals, only 12% actually achieved their goals. [最近研究顯示52%的參與者對於他們的目標有信心，但只有12%的人真的達成目標]
另外這裹也有個很棒的文章叫做13 bad habits you should break in 2016 to be more productive，讀了真是大大的給了我一記當頭棒喝。一天只有24小時，時間真的必須花得很有效率才行。
So, what are your New Year's resolutions? 回顧一下還沒有當媽以前里茲螞蟻的新年新希望是：
1. Go to bed before 2 am.
2. Play the piano at least 15 min a day.
3. No Facebooking on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
4. Read 30 min for knowledge every day.
5. Reflect my day before bedtime and write down what could've been done better.
6. Go to the gym/or go jogging at least once a week.
7. Email a friend every week.
8. Keep track of my spending weekly.
9. Have lunch or dinner with a friend at least twice a month.
10. Read a book every month.
11. Learn to cook a dish every month.
12. Make sure nothing in my house is useless rubbish.
1. Be able to sleep more than five hours a night.
2. Be able to watch television series at least once a week (never happened now!).
3. Exercise once a week (sigh).
That's all! 你看，只有三個！野心變這麼小了。。。
Happy New Year and Happy Studying!!